Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Friday, September 17, 2004

Written Inspiration

Danjaruz Depiction:

Daily Danjaruz Deliberation: James Baldwin, a true literary genius

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes: I am writing a book, and it seems like everyone wants me to read some new book, or visit some bookstore. I cannot blame them, because when I come across great literature, I share and share alike. However, when I write, it is hard for me to get into reading. I find that I get distracted, and my writing suffers. Writing is hard enough, yanno?

Well, the one author that I turn to for inspiration, is none other than the incomparable James Baldwin. I find that he does not distract me, in fact, he motivates me. He wrote about things that people doubted, questioned, wanted to hide, wanted to prevent, tried to reject. But no one could deny his genius, his grace, his artistry.

If you arent familiar with Mr. Baldwin, I would like to recommend Go Tell It On The Mountain. This is my favorite piece by Baldwin. The detail, the language, the imagery, second to none.

I finished chapter four. The week wasnt a complete waste.

Danjaruz Haiku:
You, James Baldwin are
inspiration to my art
Inside, see yourself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home