Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I'm a Good Teacher

Danjaruz Depiction:


Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:I believe the children are our future...teach them well, and let them lead the way....

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
Ok so I admit, I call my kids knuckleheads. My students that is. I say it with love, though, and they know it. Sometimes I wonder if I am getting through to them. Sometimes they seem to be struggling, but other times, I see the spark in their eyes and I know that they get it.

I am preparing them for a slam contest, and I hate slam contests. They can be very damaging to some people. Who is to judge your work simply because you do not throw your hands around and scream like a lunatic when reciting your work? I think the kids are better of judged by content of their writing, on the paper, not by how well they can perform it. I continue to stress this to the students. I want them to know that as long as they feel they gave their best, they have already won, regardless of whether some judges agree or not.

My kids, have won...


Danjaruz Villanelle:
*courtesy of the students of Martin Luther King High School's Poetry Club

Streets

Raised on the Street, Fate determined my plight
Repeatedly resisting the light of the Lord's Grace
Its dark embrace engulfs me every night

With my mind, every wish takes flight
Batons never passed, yet I finish the race
Raised on the Street, Fate determined my plight

Conflicts of gangs for territorial rights
Choosing sides from colors may change a face
Its dark embrace engulfs them every night

From small bags to syringes, from syringes to pipes
Gateways from restrictions, destructive ways to escape
Raised on the Street, Fate determined my plight

Poverty begets conflict, continuously forced to fight
Battle after battle with nothing to gain
Its dark embrace engulfs them every night

The burden of my pain deteriorates my might
Lost in the brick seas of those who are displaced
Raised on the Street, Fate determined my plight
Its dark embrace engulfs me every night

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poetry club is tight, you are doing a wonderful job! I know it gets hard , sometimes you probably feel like you just want to pack up your rainbow and GO!

But feast your eyes on the rewards of all your hard work! they need you.. if not you , then who?

I hope you are feeling better lately.

ps. I still remember the teacher that touched me the most her name was Marion Williamson..she will never know how much of a void she filled in a little black housing project boy.

Mr.Looking Glass

4:23 PM, December 09, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home