Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Monday, January 17, 2005

My kids ROCK!!

Danjaruz Demeanor:


Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:Killing trees by smoking em...

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
OK so i loveeeee my students and i am SO proud of them. Today was the preliminary round for the Poetry Slam contest and my 5 most dedicated students went to the competition to present their work and share their poetry with others. They were all so excellent!!!!

They carried themselves so well and represented for their school so much!! I was almost in tears, like a proud mother watching her children in a school play or on the field during a peewee league game. Each one went to the stage and recited their poems with all of their heart and soul. It was beautiful to watch.

One of my students was even selected to compete in the finals. I told them that they are a team and if one person makes it to the finals, they ALL make it to the finals. We will all be there on the 27th, when Ja Rule and Stephon MArbury come to witness the future poets of the world. All of these kids were so talented, I was simply amazed. The 12 finalists were the best choices, I have to agree. I felt that one school had an unfair advantage because 1)their students perform professionally and 2)they had NINE students. They told us we could only have 5. Had I known, I would have brought the rest of my kids in to perform!! I was pissed about that, but what can you do?

Im so happy right now!! I cannot contain myself. I am so very proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home