Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Wednesday, March 30, 2005

No Tiara Birthday Tour

***NO TIARA BIRTHDAY TOUR***



Ok, this is the thing.
My birthday is one week from today.
APRIL 6 to be exact folks. (Write that down)

It has been a long time since I have done anything big and glamourous for my birthday. The last big party I had was when I turned 21, in college, at a club. To that party, my friends and I arrived in a horse-drawn carriage, and upon arrival, our other friends pretended to be paparazzi and took lots of pictures as we entered the party. Each of us had our own theme song as we entered.

My theme song was "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World" by Prince.

(I mean cmon folks, this is ME we are talking about here, what did you expect me to choose? LMAO)

Well I thought I would do something major for my 25th birthday since that is usually the next "big" birthday, but I wanted to be different. I decided I would do it up big for my 26th.

So a few months ago, I sent out an evite, rallying my female friends near and far for a ladies weekend like no other. Those closest to me agreed to be down and that made me feel good. Then I decided to have a dinner and invite a few males friends to meet up with me and my female friends. I figured hey, 10-15 people, a nice dinner somewhere, what a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday!

Well...

That dinner went from 10-15 people at a place where we have a reservation and white cloth service, to 40-45 people bumrushing a restaurant that has a bogus reservation policy, but is one of my favorite places to eat. Friends, family members, and everyone I decided to look at that evening will be there and you know what? I'm happy about this.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not big on being in the spotlight. I learned a long time ago that I will not have much of a choice in this regard due to my size, my extroverted personality, my passion, and my overall presence. I have learned how to "work" the spotlight, so to speak, but I always prefer to be in the background, quietly observing and/or manipulating things according to my vision.

This is one of those times that I will enjoy being in the limelight or being the center of attention. It is my birthday dammit!!!

On April 7, I am getting my hair done early in the morning. Then I am picking up my rental car from the airport. I am later attending a banquet for the Women of Lawrenceville, which should be cool. And it's free, LOL. Then I have to go and pick up one friend from on airport and another friend from another airport. Then back to the crib.

On April 8, we are going to get beauty treatments during the day, and attend a party in the evening. All of you in the NYC area, I invite you to come party with me. It's FREE!!
Click Here For More Information

On April 9, who knows what we will do during the day, most likely recover and then in the evening is my Big Birthday Dinner, followed by some sort of dancing entertainment. From what I hear, it's a "surprise". LOL, yeah, chew on that.

On April 10, we might try to hit up the Basquiat exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. One of my friends flies back home on Sunday so we have to drop her off. That night, we should be headed to club Deep for a night of dancing to some soulful house music.

On April 11, I drop my last friend off at the airport and go home to get some sleep...for the rest of the day.

Dinner for 10-15 people became a long weekend of non-stop partying and time spent with people I love the most. Go figure!

One more week...

**ETA: SO yeah, I forgot to mention: No fuckin' tiaras either!!! I see people rocking tiaras (sorry lorraine) and I'm like ok, how many times did you get beat with the "What The Fuck??!!" bat? Tiaras are for beauty queens and little girls who still think becoming a princess is as real and easily possible as becoming a school teacher. I am going to be 26 years old in a week, what do I look like, a grown ass woman, walking around with a Tiara without a sash reading "Miss Full-Figured America" and an entourage?

No, I will NOT wear a fucking tiara and look like a fucking fat ass Miss Piggy wannabe with a Bedazzled tiara on my head.

This year we say "NO!!!!!" to Birthday Tiaras!!!!

carry on...

3 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

April 6 birthdays in the house!!! Rep the best day of the year girl!!! It sounds like you are in for a fun time.

7:51 PM, March 30, 2005  
Blogger Klthewriter said...

Hey Sexy, See now I have to throw away the damn Tiara I had for ya, I have my kids that weekend, but I will try to make an appearance late just to say hey to one of the most intriguing minds I know. Enjoy your weekend and your FAM.
We are who we surround ourselves with. I am glad your birthday call was answered.

Keep Being the Real Being many of us need, even if we don't say it enough. ""MUAH""

KL

10:38 PM, March 31, 2005  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Happy Pre-Birthday! But ummm, how come no tiaras? I think you would look FAB! Big ups to the Bx!

11:11 AM, April 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home