Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Tuesday, April 26, 2005

4 Down- 6 To Go

Carrie Underwood”Unknown Titled” Martina McBride

She went back to the country singing that is her signature. She is most comfortable singing country music and it is good that she gets the chance to go back to singing it. She really sings her ass off when she sings country.

Randy
Yo…Yo…You were under almost the whole song. It was a little weird for me

Paul

You need to pick songs that celebrate your strong vocals and your personality.

Simon
He says that she has fans who will vote for her and that performance makes them love her.

Danja
I thought she was pretty decent. Wasn’t her strongest performance, definitely not the competition winner, but it was solid.

Bo Bice
“One Tree Hill” theme song

Bo, the rocker, grabbing the mic stand, como siempre. I dig Bo, I mean I’m not mad at him. I like this song and he is doing a pretty good job at it. He put his own spin on it, and since it is so new, its pretty interesting. *Thinking about Peyton and Lucas* They really oughta fuck.

Randy
Yo…yo…you know what I love man? You got some fans out here baby. You’re honest, American Idol finally has a true rock star.

Paula
You’re honest and true to yourself, you were incredible tonight.

Simon
Second week in a row, strongest contestant so far. There is a big downside. Do not wear the Lenny Kravitz sunglasses, they went out in 1988, not a good look.

Danja

He was tight. Good job Bo.

Vonzelle Solomon

I Turn To You Christina Aguilera

Started shaky…there is something about her. Sometimes she is right on point. Sometimes she isnt. Tonight isnt the best performance. I think it is the song choice. Im figuring it out, she is good with long powerful notes, but she doesn’t have the control for the words that come before those notes. She is all over the place, key wise, note wise, riff wise. But when it comes to the power notes, she is on point. I hope she gets the chance to come back and try again.

Randy
Yo man, aight so check it out dawg, check it out. You choose the most difficult song. I love that you challenge yourself. You sang it, welcome to the dawg pound.

Paula
Whats amazing is that not only did you nail it, but you have this ability to connect with the audience…magic happens that is bone chilling.

Simon
I have a horrible feeling it wasn’t as good as they thought. It was flat in the beginning.

Danja
I agree with Simon. She was off initially. But she wasn’t terrible this week, I want to see her again.

Anthony Federov
”I Surrender All” Celine Dion

So they did a profile on his family and they are from the Ukraine, which is where he was born. Oh, the irony if he wins “American” Idol. I personally think he is still here for two reasons: 1) he reminds people of Clay Aiken and the Claymates want revenge and, 2) he had the whole tragedy with his voice box n stuff. His sound is too old for him, very Josh Grobin (sp?)-ish. He has a very strong voice, it is just too adult contemporary.

Randy

So yo dawg, you are really good with the high notes, you still need work with the low notes.

Paula
You really grew, and your vocals grew with the song. One of your best performances.

Simon
You’re a very brave man. I personally hated it, however, the point of being a star is singing to the appeal of the people who support you, and you nailed it.

Danja
This was his best performance. But Celine Dion? Ok…


Constantine Maroulis
Some theme song from some TV show

Ahh Constantine is grabbing the mic stand too. There goes the “eye”. He is trying to go back to the rock sound, but its not working for him, not since we have had a taste of the Harry Connick lounge singer side of him. Bo is the real rocker, Constantine is a poser lol. Y’all remember “poser”? Ok if you didn’t hang out with a lot of white folks, u might not lol. Wow he has 3 black back up singers, and one is chunky, go girl!

Randy

Yo, yo… so hey man. You know I’m always gonna keep it real with you right? I felt like I was sitting in a bar not caring who the performer was. The performance was great, the singing was, out of 10, a 5.

Paula
This was not my favorite song at all, it didn’t showcase your vocals. You get through every genre effortlessly.

Simon
When you left your band, Constantine, you crossed over to the other side. Avery bad imitation of the original. You’re much better when you do your crooning thing. It didn’t feel real.

Danja
Oh oh oh, did I call it or what? *bowing* I so called it… POSER!!!

Scott Savol

”Dance With My Father”

Wow ok so he is tackling a Luther Vandross song. Hmmm ok. I understand why, yeah he has Dad issues and such. Oooh that note hurt. He looks really nice, nice suit. Kinda boring right now, I’m waiting for him to pick it up. He sounds a lot like Aaron Neville. That whiny, shut the hell up, voice. His falsetto is weak. This performance is quite dull. I can see him getting kicked off next time, unless he gets sympathy votes.

Randy
For me, the song and the version was your weakest performance.

Paula
The song didn’t do you justice, it didn’t tug at the heartstrings.

Simon
Pack your suitcase tonight.

Danja
Can America please get rid of this hobo?

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

This was the FIRST night I really liked Bo. I now see the appeal.

Vonzell is my homie but hopefully the power notes will save her ass tonight because the rest was kinda off. However, she does have that damn likability factor that so many (Anthony, Scott, and to some extent Carrie) don't have.

I HATE Constatine.

11:31 PM, April 26, 2005  
Blogger MBT4679 said...

constantine is gone!! lol suckaaaa

3:04 PM, April 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home