Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Blogger Meet Up in NYC

Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:
"It's getting lateeeeeee"

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:

****PICTURES ARE POSTED ON THE RIGHT SIDEBAR....CLICK THE LINK TO VIEW PHOTO ALBUM****

Yes, negroes I am calling y'all OUT!!!! LMAO

With the exception of a few ladies, black folks were LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Golden, you know you get a pass only cuz... lol

But Imma need the time to NEVER be set at 9:30pm and heads are just getting off of planes, folks still in their houses (prolly in their draws picking belly button lint), or on their way to pick up other people ALL the way across town.

*tapping fingers*

I got there at 9:40, thinking I was late, cuz I was trying to find a park. I go in, look around, didn't see anyone I recognized so I made a few phone calls. Upon realizing that folks were going to be EXTRAORIDNARILY late, I decided I needed to head on home to my family.

Then I remembered that I had to get some flyers from someone needing my assistance in promoting a party. He ends up taking the mile when I offered him an inch, and I end up riding around Brooklyn for the next two hours. At 11:30pm, Golden calls me to tell me folks are there. Im like mannnnn I should go home, but I might as well go back over there since I'm in BK and I came out already. Cee, metamorphasis, edwidge, and others were on time for the most part, but me not knowing they were coming OR what folks looked like, NOR having numbers, it was impossible to make the link up. That is the only thing I hate about events like this, when you have to walk in blind.

I go and when I walk in, I see another friend of mine, Mark, having dinner with a companion, so I spoke to him for a second, then went to find the bloggers.

I walk over, see everyone talking, eating, drinking, and I say hello. Everyone seemed pretty involved in conversations. I pulled up a chair and began talking with Edwidge, who has a beautiful name by the way, to match her beautiful smile. She was very sweet. I chatted a bit with a few folks, but I was more observant than anything. That is how I am around a bunch of people I have never met before. I'm normally really outgoing and stuff, but when it is around people I don't know, I just take a moment to absorb people's energies and vibes. There was some interesting energy there that night, but that is another story.

Golden and I had a little bit of business to discuss, us having "peoples" in common, which is SO fucking random, but this world is just entirely too small lol. Golden is really pretty yall lol. Kelvin could get it. Like seriously. I love my man, yes. I do. But Kelvin might have to revisit the big girl loving one mo time. LOL ok lemme stop before I get cut.

Then we started taking pictures. I will post these pictures this evening. I am so late with this because I haven't been near a computer long enough to type anything this entire weekend. I only had half of a long island iced tea and a slice of cheesecake. I had to drive and the alcohol and sugar would have made the Brooklyn Bridge seem extra long. Made it from downtown BK to Parkchester in 21 minutes. Searched for parking for 35 minutes. What the fuck man?? LOL Was supposed to go home to my family, but they were alseep.

Its ok cuz I made up for it for bringing them breakfast in the morning.

I think I'm looking forward to Chicago, maybe things will be a bit more relaxed. I know my girls and I are going for a weekend full of debauchery. It will be easy traveling with folks. I hope folks are ready to get down with the get down. I know some folks might be somewhat conservative or uptight but im hoping that others are more relaxed and about having all out, wild out fun. I know Ted is, but we will see who else is *wink*

Danjaruz Haiku:
Why are colored late?
They know we got shit to do
Drinks help me forgive

4 Comments:

Blogger The Brutha Code said...

You would be correct... I am all about getting my wild-ass-drunken-debauchery-on-and-on-and-on! LMAO!

Glad to hear the NY blogger thing was cool... You need to make it down for the next DC one in June...

3:44 PM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger Ananse's Web said...

Alright so I know I was on time but I too am kicking myself for not getting #'s to call folk to be like where the hell ya'll at. lol. I enjoyed meeting you even tho I didnt really get a chance to talk to you, but I have to tell you I LOVED your hair...cute girl! I was trying to make it out to your BBQ but my homegirl was in town and she had other plans in mind. I hope that went well. Also Im gonna post about that beautiful black man who came in and gave you that warm greeting...the one with magnificent locks....very nice. lol. I am going to Chicago as well so I'm hoping for some of that drunken debauchery myself even tho it dont that much to get my drunk. lol.

4:29 PM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger Nandi Yaa said...

*Putting knife away, since she really was cool peeps and blog-hubby do have it goin' on. Besides, this tall chick could mop a floor with my azz* LMAO

We were late on the realness, but it ain't like our chaperones didn't know what time we were landing like months ago. *ahem* LOL

It was great meeting you and, come Chicago, we won't have a table sittin' out in front of us. We gonna get stoopid, as is our usual custom. LMAO

Please forgive us for missing the Q. How I'm gonna be invited for some Q and not show up? We got sidetracked in Time Square and time got away. We shall hit the ci-tay up again though.

Yolanda
www.juswritinlife.com

4:44 PM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger MBT4679 said...

@ Ted... it is going to be ON!!! I KNOW I can count on you to make things happen. We've already had this discussion. We need to research strip clubs in Chicago though. You can buy me a lap dance *wink*

@Slow...thank you! My regular african braider hooked me up. She always keeps my hair on point. Its ok about the BBQ, we had a good time. And ummm that beautiful black man was THERE and you MISSED him. Yeah, he is definitely yummy *wink*. Cant wait to see you in chicago!

@ Yolanda... you are entirely too cute. You dont have to cut me,its ok, its ok. Im only messing with Kelzz as I do on the regular. Look forward to partying in Chicago. Lets just hope that we can all coordinate things so folks dont get left out.

@singing... i can give u the info for my stylist. she is a nice african lady in parkchester who has been hooking me up for over a year now.

@edwidge... late july sounds like a plan to me. ill email you my number, if u didnt take it down at the table.

5:18 PM, May 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home