Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Sunday, May 22, 2005

Need to finish this book...

Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:
I dont wanna write things down
I just wanna tell you how I feel right now

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
I started two books. Two books, two plots, two different reasons and motivations for writing. I stopped writing one to start the other, but the second one was halted because my primary subject decided she couldnt continue with the exploration and interviewing. So ok, I am revisiting the first one.

I read about a writing contest where they will give you $5K to help with your writing committment. I want to submit my work but I don't know what to submit. Do I submit some of my "poetry" or do I submit two chapters from book #1? I have to have it in by June 20, 2005 though, so I need to get moving.

I just went back and reread the first 5 chapters of book #1 and I was amazed at myself. I never thought I had much skill at fiction because it isnt my favorite genre. I like to tell stories, not write them down. Its an arduous task that requires focus that I do not have. I do not have the ability to pay attention long enough to write more than a few sentences at a time. I'm surprised I got out 5 chapters, but I wrote those in like 2 days when I was in a frenzy.

Now I'm just like...blah. I know I need to keep writing. Someone will want to read this story. I'm insane, actually, I think. It shows in my writing. I'm a sick puppy. I think that is another reason why I walked away from book #1; I was scared at what my mind was conjuring up.

Ahhh well. This week I think Im going to dedicate an hour a day to writing. Not blogging (which I find distracts me from my real writing), not talking on the phone, not checking emails, nothing but straight up writing, character development, plot lines, etc.

Yeah, Imma do that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Breez said...

If I'm not mistaken, isn't novel writing what you prefer? Go with what you want. This is your art, so do what you feel rather than writing for writing's sake. (That's what journals are for lol.) I totally feel you on blogging replacing my writing though. I started this out as an exercise but it's become a MONSTER!

11:06 AM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger greggy said...

get your write on dear...I sometimes wish I had the gift of write instead of the gift of draw, but I guess I should be content with what I got, after all...I get "artists block" too.

p.s...I like your blog, interesting vibes here!

7:17 PM, May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home