Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Saturday, June 11, 2005

Purple Reign

Danjaruz Depiction:



Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:
Tell me who in the house knows about the quake??!

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
So last night, DJ Spinna did his 6th Soul Slam party, this edition being Prince (and all his minions) vs Michael Jackson (and family). I went to one before at the Shelter and that one was SO excellent that I knew I couldnt miss this one.

Got there before it started and the line was already really long. But then they began to let people in and the music began bumping and I was ready to go! Before that I had my iPod on and I was playing my own "PVM" mix, and dancing it up like "Biggie Shawty" whut...whuuuuuuuuut!! I knew Id stay off the wall the entire night.


Getting my Biggie Shawty pose on, waiting in line


That party was the BEST party I have been to since the last one I went to about two years ago. THIS is what partying is about. Black or white, all shapes, sizes, gay, straight, bi, trans, hip-hoppers, punk rockers, everyone was in the house, dancing to the sounds of DJ Spinna (who freaked the entire party from his Apple Laptop).

I danced from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. with small breaks in between ONLY because my body was overheating [I'm fat] and my clothes were so drenched with sweat that I had to let them dry off for a bit. It's human nature to need a break, but many people defied that; they didn't stop until they could get enough. But damn if every song wasnt hitting. So much so that I didnt even want to go to the bathroom for fear of missing a great song.

See folks, this is what being a mid-20-something is all about. Im not a big club person or even a big party person. But I love to get lost. Lost in the music, lost in the vibe, lost in the world around me. I dance last night, danced like I had no obligation or care in the world. I found myself getting lost in the sugarwalls of the rhythm and bass of Prince's genius and Michael's innovation. There were times I just closed my eyes, and let the beat carry my body in whatever direction was meant for me. Some songs brought forth emotions I haven't experienced in some time; music truly is cathartic. Tears came to my eyes as I reminisced on my own Christopher Tracy and I realized why doves cry. The dancing machine that he was, he would have loved this party. I thought of my love, away on business [wish he'd taken me with him], wishing he was there to mold his body to mine as darling Nikki grinded. We spoke and if I wasn't his girlfriend, I would not have even answered the phone. I told him how much I loved him. He was happy the lady in his life was having a great time, but as each day passes, Im realizing how incomplete my world is when he is not next to me. I can't help it, if I wanted to, and I wouldnt help it, even if I could. There were sexy muthafuckas and pretty young things abound [even saw this cute Liberian girl, or was she Filipino?], seeking to get off on the redefinition of the pleasure principle. It wasnt about sex, touching, grabbing, hustling, flowing, or folks who always wanna be starting something. Naw, it was all about the good life, good love, and those faint screams of passion.

Good times were had by all. After fighting with disrupted train service, I watched the sun rise as I counted down the number of stops left before I had to stand up and use my semi-immobile legs. Within 3 minutes of locking my apartment door, I was knocked out...zoning, dreaming about you...papi.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I haven't partied like that in a minute. Good post!

9:45 PM, June 11, 2005  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I firmly believe in dancing til your sweaty and if you don't have a good time it's your fault...ahh I miss the Powerhouse.

11:57 AM, June 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home