Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Weekend In The Life Of...

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:

I got cramps man. Too early. Period aint due until next Monday. What the ras is this?

Anyway, I finished the outline of the new story that I have. I also completed my character descriptions/histories and such. Now I just need to write the sumbich.

I'm focused though, finally, in some way.
I have energy to write this and I feel good.
I'm headed to the Harlem Book Fair this weekend, and if there is anything that serves as great motivation, it is walking by booths and booths of really HORRIBLE books. I mean those dumb ass, ghetto-fied, grammatically incorrect books written by June Bug and nem, and published by Triple Crown, more than likely.

Those books keep me motivated. I also found The Darkest Child by Delores Phillips there as well. In fact, the publisher gave me a copy for free. This, in my opinion, was one of the best books I'd read that has been written in the past 10 years. So the fair wasn't a complete bust.

My homegirl is coming to visit NYC this weekend. Last time I saw her was in April for my birthday. This time she is coming up here to revisit with some people she met back then, meet Papi, and hang with me. I got a long weekend planned man. I know I'm going to be really tired. This last weekend we had the little one, and within 20 minutes I needed a nap. Children are the best birth control. I love her to death and beyond and cherish every moment we spend with her. But whooooooo, it is taxing LOL.

Thursday, I'm determined to get some sun, even if I have to head to the beach alone, I'm going to get a tan. I've gotten some darkness, a few patches here and there, but I need a complete, all-around tan. While there is ass waxing occurring in an adjacent state, and while Papi is out making the bacon, I will be sipping water, rubbing Hawaiian Tropic Oil on my body, soaking up sunrays, reading a really, really trashy romance novel. You know, the ones about white people 600 years ago, fighting wars and ravaging women. Woman says no, man says you are mine, she finally gives in, and he inserts his manhood into her triangle of love. THAT is what I want while I'm on the beach. I might even turn off my cell phone.

I'll try not to scare any small children with my massive body lol. Hopefully, there will be mostly senior citizens up there and I will blend in perfectly.

I was trying to put together a dinner where Papi's closest friends could meet my closest friends, but of course whenever I want something to happen, it falls to pieces. One of his best friends cant make it cuz he is working and one of mine just told me she isnt coming up for the weekend at all. Bummer. Another one of my friends said he couldnt come anyway, cuz he had something else to do. Ahhh gotta love being on the backburner in the lives of others. Nothign is more refreshing. I realized I hadn't invited him, and when asked why, I had to think about it. I guess subconsciously I knew he wouldnt come, so I didnt bother inviting him. Extending the invitation proved me right. He is almost always too busy for me these days.

I decided to go back to locking my hair again. I am about to embark on the next phase of my life and I decided that cultivating my hair would be a great way to mark my progress. I want to start them probably either right before I move or right after we move in. Someone is actually interested in subletting my apartment which is great. We will see if she takes it. But yeah, I'mma lock my hair again. Tired of shelling out $100 for microbraids and tired of the wear and tear of keeping a tight afro. it is more stress on the hair than people would believe. This time I think I'm going to start with two-strand twists instead of coils. Im going for a different type of loc this time. Need to find a jazzy color to start em with too. I want something really out there but not blonde.

Why is damn near every black female singer going blonde these days? Beyonce, Ciara, Olivia, Mary J, etc blonde blonde blonde blonde blonde...yuck!! Im so not digging this Blonde Ambition.

ok well I guess I'm done for now. Enjoy your weekends, mine begins tomorrow evening!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home