Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Chicago Bound

Danjaruz Demeanor:


Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
So, I'm going on vacation this Friday. Let's not even talk about how they told me, at my job, that I have 9 vacation days left to take before August 15th. People who know me, and my work attendance, are probably shocked, awed, and amazed. But anyway, I have this Friday and next Tuesday off. Monday is Amerikkka's Independence Day. [Yes, coloreds, let us not forget that the same crackers who fought for freedom and Independence kept us enslaved, and made justifications as to why we shouldn't be freed] So that gives me a 5-day vacation, yet I only used 2 vacation days. Ahh well.

Anyway, I'm headed to Chicago. Why Chicago? Well some months ago, I started branching out and reading the words of other people [basically cuz I was bored at work, not because I particularly cared what anyone else had to say], and in doing that, I have become somewhat familiar with a number of bloggers. Actually, let me say that I have become familiar with the WORDS of a number of bloggers.

While I think that what I call the "Black Blogger Brigade" is somewhat plastic, there are a few people who SEEM to have some sense of reality off of their computers, and could possible be cool to be around for a good time. I noticed that one in particular mentioned having some type of celebration for his birthday and I decided that I wanted to check him out and help him celebrate. I'm all about the road trips. Originally, I was supposed to be headed to New Orleans, but I rallied the troops and said "Let's go to Chi". Next thing I know, there is some sort of mad convention of the "BBB" in Chicago. Hmmm ok. Whatever works, lol. The Taste of Chicago is also this coming weekend, so I figured hey, if they turn out to be a bunch of suckas, my friends and I can always eat. Cuz we know big bitches love to eat. All that food is orgasmic *Taking a moment to think about all of that food in one place... *drooling* Ok, Im back*.

So, in preparation for this weekend, I met some members of the "BBB" here in NY. I detailed it here. I don't need to get into the way I felt that night because I'll just get upset lol. Still, it was nice to meet a number of people whose words I'd read occasionally over the preceding months. The only problem is, I know people don't let it all go in their blogs. The very nature of blogging subverts the point of blogging. People should be journaling the truth in their lives, without concern for anyone reading or what anyone will say. Unfortunately, too many bloggers write knowing that people are reading. Some folks write to entertain, some write to keep other appeased, some stop writing because they get bored with jumping through hoops, some people write to keep up with the writing skills of others. In doing this, they remove the pure nature of journaling, and spend their time writing for the consumption of others. This is why I used the word "plastic" earlier. Some folks remind me of R. Kelly, who I believe writes his songs for the video that he plans on shooting, rather than shooting a video for a song he has written. Anytime you make several referrences to other bloggers in your posts, you are in WAY TOO DEEP in this "BBB". Take a step back. Read a few cracker blogs or something. The people in Taiwain got some shit on lock too. Holla at tai pei ting ling bling bling's blog.

For all the reading I have done, I still don't know yall muthafuckas.

I don't know who is a prude, who is a freak, who has common sense, who is a dimwitted twit, who is a culturalist, who hates him/herself, etc. All I know is that some folks like to drink themselves into stupors, some folks have babymama drama, some folks are broke as hell, and damn near all of the women are sitting around waiting for the perfect man to come along. In the meantime, in between time, they adapt "blog-hubbies" and have "blog weddings" which is beyond any rational concept I can wrap my mind around and grasp.

Yeah, I said it. That shit is GAY. Emancipate yourself from blog-slavery because shit is getting pathetic. I don't write to offend, but I write with the understanding that my writing might offend. Two tears in a bucket. You dont have to sit on the same bench with me LOL.

Look, I'm not a shit-starter. Really I am not. I just try to keep it as real as possible, or my perception of reality, especially if I'm going to be meeting folks. There are a couple of folks I have spoken with "behind the scenes" [Just by saying behind the scenes shows what I am talking about]. Some people seem to be down with my idea of fun. You all know who you are LOL. [YOU betta link me up with some onions, ok? and YOU know who YOU are! LMAO] Some of the ladies and gents, maybe a handful, feel me on avoiding bullshit and pretenses. Yeah, I graduated from college. Yeah, I live on my own and I have a great job. No, I'm neither bourgie nor uptight, and I have fun like no one is around. I plan on doing exactly that this weekend.

Ok, ok, who is down for putting some dollaz in G-Strings?? Come on now, who's coming with me? Whoooooooo's coming with me?

So yeah, I need this vacation. I need a break. I need to be in a different space, breath different air, relax, relate, and release with my home girls. Bond with some cool people I have encountered, but with whom I haven't had much time to spend. I have been to Chi a number of times, having been involved with a couple of men out there. This time, I'm not going on a mission to get some dick, but rather on a mission to chill. Got my plane ticket in check, car rental in check, hotel reservation in check. Now I just need to get my hurr did ["I'll keep my hair fixed"] and do my laundry.

Ghetto Love= man breaking his woman off with some money to get her hurr did, just cuz he wants his baby to look good. THAT is thug lovin' right thurr.["If I want it. . when I ask you (you provide it)"]

Ghetto Matrimony= a "nigga" paying his "bitch's" essential bills [i.e. rent, light/gas, cable, cell phone]


Let me say this though. If folks pull that two-hour-late shit again... Danja is ripping new cyber assholes. No one is safe lol. I will take pictures and talk about you. I don't even know half of these people, and I'm not pressed. I'm sure that folks are making rounds, trying to catch up on other folks' blogs, and if they are reading this, that is probably why they are even here. *wink* I'mma have fun. That's all that matters.

OK, on another note. Papi came home last night from a long business trip. ["Baby I see you workin hard, I wanna let you know I'm proud,let you know that I admire what you do."] Missed him terribly, but he brought back 'souvenirs' (sp?). Cleaned up his house for him, had myself sexy-looking and sweet-smelling, and I saved him the big piece of chicken[ "What ya wanna eat boo? Let me feed you."]. Welcomed him home the way a loving, catering, devoted woman should welcome her man home. ["When you come home late tap me on my shoulder I'll roll over. baby I heard you..I'm here to serve you"] Fell in love, yet again, with this man. I try not to write too much about him, because in some ways, I keep what is ours, ours. But he is such an essential part of my life that not writing about him feels wrong. So every now and then, I might let a snippet peak through.

Anyone know where I can get one of them there uhh uterus realignments? Pep Boys? Maaco? something?

he he he.

3 Comments:

Blogger Breez said...

No you didn't reference Jill Scott. Well you know I'll be their in spirit (and petrol! lol) so I hope you have fun slapping asses and whatnot.

5:42 PM, June 29, 2005  
Blogger The Brutha Code said...

Let the church say AMEN!

7:09 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger SoSadiStic said...

LOL, your post was real funny to me. I hope that the others who read it wont get offended... Not like you care or anything but i am sure that they dont view things the way you do.

3:21 PM, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home