Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mid Summer Thoughts

Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:
From then until now we see
Our history
We have been a misrepresented people!

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:

****VENUS WILLIAMS WON HER 3rd WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 6 YEARS. SERENA WON 2 OF THE OTHER 3. WE ARE PAINTING TENNIS BLACK AND THIS WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY. GO VENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****


Ok so July 4th just passed and I am doing my annual sharing of one of the best essays/speeches written about Africans in this country America, What To The Slave Is The Fourth Of July. Please take a few minutes to read this if you have not. Once again for the coloreds in the cheap seats, we had NO parts in this celebration of "freedom". Why is it that we get all hyped about celebrating "Independence Day", lighting fireworks, having BBQs, wearing Red, White, and Blue, but when JUNETEENTH comes along, folks have questioning looks, or shy away from celebrating the official day of emancipation??!!!

Why, my people, are we so fucking backwards??? Why is it that so many of us rush into the malls and stores in December buying all of these gifts, telling out children that som fat white man is coming to give them gifts, and we cannot recite the Nguzu Saba?? The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa for those of you scratching your heads!!

Why are we so ready to throw down for Independence Day, and yet most of us don't even know Juneteenth exists?? THAT is the day we ought to celebrate. We out to take off of work THAT day. We ought to gether our families for THAT weekend and celebrate then.

Ok, yeah Im backwards too, because I'm brown skin and I look forward to the summer sun so I can sit on the ebach and work on my TAN. Yes, I said it, MY TAN. I love getting darker, and I crave the sun like white chics crave it. So I got a lil sun in Chicago, but I think I'm going to head to the beach this weekend and get my tan on. I'll take pics, of course.

Anyway, here is an excerpt from Frederick Douglass's speech:

What, am I to argue that it is wrong to make men brutes, to rob them of their liberty, to work them without wages, to keep them ignorant of their relations to their fellow men, to beat them with sticks, to flay their flesh with the lash, to load their limbs with irons, to hunt them with dogs, to sell them at auction, to sunder their families, to knock out their teeth, to burn their flesh, to starve them into obedience and submission to their masters? Must I argue that a system thus marked with blood, and stained with pollution, is wrong? No! I will not. I have better employment for my time and strength than such arguments would imply....

What, to the American slave, is your Fourth of July? I answer: a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass-fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy-a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of the United States at this very hour.


This past weekend, I got together with a group of really cool people and I felt relaxed, calm, chill. I spent a great deal of time missing my partner, but that is natural and to be expected. I needed a different vibe though. Needed to be away from NYC and my job and people here. I felt like there was a cloud of negativity over me and I needed to get away from it for a while, cleanse my mind, my spirit, my aura. It worked wonders. I spent a lot of time speaking with people whose minds I respected, people whose energies were vibrant and positive. I spent a great deal of time in the presence of some beautiful people and that is exactly what my spirit needed. Ive spent entirely too much time around succubi in recent months and I needed to be reminded that not everyone is an idiot or asshole. lol.

In about two weeks, more of my close friends are coming to the NYC area, one from New Orleans, and one [hopefully] from Maryland. They will have the chance to meet their future brother-in-law and spend some time with me. I miss them both, and I hate that my close friends are all over the place. I wanted so much to have friends in this area, that I allowed myself to link up with people with whom I had nothing in common. In doing so, I ended up doing shit I didn't really want to do, just to have people around. Well, I have come to appreciate the fact that although my closest, truest friends are far away, the love they have for me and I for them couldn't be any closer. If I only see them 2 or 3 times a year, that is just fine. We are going to have the BEST weekend. Too bad one of my other friends wont make it, but she went with me to Chicago so it is all good.

So I'm moving. I need to try and get someone to take over my lease for the last 2 months of it. That might be hard, so I'm going to call my renting office and see what the penalties will be for moving early. HE told me that we are moving sooner than I anticipated, because he wants us to be together ASAP. I agree and Im with it. Just need to handle the logistics of it all.

I'm dealing with shit that I didn't think would resurface, but it has. Whats worse is that I fear it might adversely affect my relationship. However, I am open with HIM and we talk about everything, even things we have never spoken with other people about and I love that he and I can do that. HE has sworn to be with me thru it all, and be by myside, and so far he has been there. He hasn't waivered at all. I'm amazed because I have never experienced such support and devotion. I just need to work on my issues and allow him to be there for me as he wants to be. He says these are "our" issues now, and I have to get used to that idea. I have to get used to the idea that it is WE now, and not ME. I haven't had anyone offer that to me before, and really follow through with it. It will take some time, I know.

But for real though, I'm happy.

Peace,
M


Danjaruz Haiku:
my soul is happy
my heart is finally soft
i am at true peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home