Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Monday, September 12, 2005

And Baby Makes Two and a Half

Danjaruz Demeanor:
serene

Daily Danjaruz Deliberation:
so you're having my baby
and it means so much to me
there's nothing more precious
than to raise a family

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
Naw biznatches, Im not pregnant.

Scared ya, didn't I?

Shoooot I aint got no rangs on these fanguhs, so ummm NO baby aqui.

But my best friend of almost 13 years is. She called last night and my phone was on vibrate so she left a message:

So, yeah, listen. I'm knocked up, yo. Call me back

So, I'm like no fucking way and I call her back.

"bitch you better not be playing bout this shit"
"why would i randomly call you and leave that kinda message?"
"true"

so we talked about it. She has always been the monogomous type. In the years Ive known her, she has had 3 relationships, each one lasting about 3.5-4 years. I've always envied her ability to do that, as I have yet to make it past ONE year with the same person. But she was raised to be committed and Im all for that. last time I spoke to her, she was talking about wanting to get married and how her man was acting funny about it. Being the She-Ra manhater that I am, I was like fuck him, move on. But that's her man, she loves him, thinks he is the one. I havent met the bastard yet, but I will soon.

I have to explain our relationship. She and I met out first year of boarding school. We were the only black girls in the freshman class and as black women tend to do, we hated each other. She hated me for being the boisterous, outgoing, used-to-private school person I was, and I hated her for hating me, and for being straight up ghetto. I was from the hood, but trying very hard to not be a slave to it, and she reminded me of that hood, and I think I resented her. Didnt want other people thinking I was ghetto too. Eventually we got over that stuff and realized that we were, in fact, the only black girls in the freshman class and it would benefit us more to stick together than to fight. Over our 4 years, we grew very close. 3 Months older than I, I always knew she'd be the one to do things first. She graduated college first [I took a year off], she got a job first, she got her license and a car first, she started grad school first, and now she is knocked up first, and will probably get married first.

We are as opposite as day and night. She is thin as a rail, an itty bitty thing while Im this huge mass of flash and poundage. She is short, Im tall. She is from the island Jamaica, I was born in Jamaica, Queens. She grew up with siblings, I didnt. My mother worked, hers was on public assistance. She came from public school, I came from private. She was quiet, I was loud. I drank and smoked, she stayed clean and sober. Since we graduated in 1997, we have seen each other 6 times. She lives in Newark, I live in New York City, AND I used to live in Jersey City. We speak maybe once every other month. but this is truly my best female friend. This is just how we are and it works for us. Some people cant imagine interacting with their best friends so infrequently, but she and I have one thing in common: we are both very arms-length about our interpersonal relationships. This is why I dont mind having friends who are far away, because frequent interaction with people tends to lead to me becoming bored or very annoyed with people. I outgrow people very quickly it seems. Yeah, a lot of folks hate that about me lol.

Anyway, my girl is having a baby. We will be 27 when this bundle of joy comes along. For about 17 seconds, I felt the "oh I want a baby" whistfulness, but then I thought about the weekend we just spent with my boyfriend's almost 3 year old and I thought, ummm let's wait until she starts school lol. *I know my friend will call me more often like "come get this kid" and Imma laugh and say "no"*

Well, hopefully they get married so her mom can stop pouting. I hope he decides to marry her because he wants to and not because he feels obligated due to the baby. Or maybe the baby is the push he needs to make things happen a bit sooner. Whatever the case is, that baby needs to be born to marry parents. So right now, they are the 2.5 family LOL

Congrats girl!

Danjaruz Haiku:
Yes, you are knocked up
You will finally get fat
Call Jenny Craig now

1 Comments:

Blogger Chele said...

You SO wrong for the haiku LOL!!!
Conrgats to your friend

My best friend and I are like you and your best friend. We live within 20 minutes of each other but we don't talk frequently. When we do talk, it's like it was just yesterday. That love doesn't change.

7:34 PM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home