Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Williams Family Hurricane Relief Fund

Hey people

I am here to talk about a serious matter

We all know that Hurricane Katrina is ripping through the southernmost parts of our nation. It is causing destruction and wiping out cities

80% of New Orleans is under water

Things brings me to my point

One of my best friends in this world is a victim of Hurrican Katrina. Many of you know her and have interacted with her online or via her blog Mel's Oasis.

On Saturday, she called me to say that she was packing up her two children, Tyson (6) and Jaedyn (4) to head to Shreveport because they were being evacuated. They have had to evacuate in the past, but have always been able to come home a few days later. This time was VERY different.

Melanie called me this morning to inform me that everything she had was gone. Her entire home was underwater. 80% of her city has been destroyed. Many lives have been lost. Thank God she and the kids got out ok.

Now they have nothing to return to. They are currently in Shreveport with her sister. Melanie has no home or job to return to.

Many of you are out there wondering how you can help. It is hard to trust organizations like the Red Cross and others, who sometimes exploit and steal from victims of these disasters. NOw you have a Name and Three Faces to put on the disaster.

I am calling for EVERYONE to make a contribution to the Williams Family Hurrican Relief Fund

You might not know Melanie. You might know her and not like her. You might know her and love her. You might just want to know that your contribution to the hurricane is going somewhere.

All Monetary donations can be mailed to:
Melanie D. Williams
c/o Shaun Phillips
4650 Lakeshore Drive
Apt 44
Shreveport, LA 71109

Please send money orders and checks made out to MELANIE D. WILLIAMS. Indicate that they are for the Hurricane Relief. Retain all stubs, as you can write off these gifts as charitable donations.

If you are interested in sending clothing donations, toys, books, etc. Please do

Melanie wears a size 18W and her son Tyson wears a boy's 10 and her daughter Jaedyn wears a size 5T. They need everything from shirts, pants, shoes [10 for Mel, 10 in girls for Jae, and 2 in boys for Ty], art/coloring books for the kids, dolls for Jae, building blocks, underclothes, sweaters, jackets, skirts, etc.

All of these can be mailed to the address above.
All donations will be accepted and receipts will be mailed to all donors.

This woman has been a sister to me for as long as I have known her. I am doing this because I love her and I wish I could do more.

Time to rally together people. WE have a sister in need. This is what community is all about!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chele said...

Bless God that Mel and the kids made it out alive. Bless you for the things you are doing to help her.

3:40 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger SP said...

This is so nice of you to do this for your friend. I wrote about your page on my blog, just in case anyone reads it. I'll definitly send the kids something.

S

11:44 AM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home