Click here to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
Click to join IntelligentBrothersandSisters
EUPHONICS: THE ANTI-MUSIC MUSIC (click here to purchase your copy!!)








free web counters
ISP Internet Providers



Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hair or There

Danjaruz Disclosures, Declarations, and Diatribes:
can I just say that i dont know how women wear weaves for extended periods of time

ok i have a draw string ponytail in my head, right. not even anything sewn or glued in.

how the hell do women do this????

this hurt, itches, everything!!! im like Kanye screaming "Jesus..Save me!!"

But how about I dont like the attention I am getting with this shit. I mean some poor horse is bare-assed right now so I can fling this thing around, and people are looking at me so differently.

Ok, so Friday, I had a lot of dudes, who have tended to lust over me in the past come up to me like "Oh wow I LOVEEEE the new look" or "You should do this more often"

This coming from the same fuckahs who talk about how much they love "natural" women and how they love my afro and think it is so beautiful. But now I get a $12.99 piece of weave and all of a sudden, fools have stars in their eyes? What the fuck part of the game is this?

See, this is the shit that will make me just rebel and go to the other end of the spectrum, on some erykah badu/india.arie ish and just cut the shit completely off. Be like "How ya like me now bitchessss!!"

Fuckahs.

Dumb fucks!!

that makes me SO mad, that even in this day and age, 2005, 140 years after "technical" release from slavery, Black folks are still mentally shackled. This shit is NOT real. No bone straight hair would EVER grow from my head. Ever. I have naps. Kinks. Beediebees. I got a kitchen at the base of my neck. When my hair gets wet, it shrivels up quicker than a dick in a cold pool.

Why do brothas still fall for this long, straight hair shit like it is the most beautifulest thing in this world? I mean no disrespect to the sistas with long hair, im not mad. I don't like relaxers, so dont expect me to go that route. I dont need to have straight hair. I put this stuff in my hair to try something new, and see what all of the hoopla was about.

Walking down the street, I get a diff type of attention from men than I do when I have my hair in a fro or twists. With the natural look, I get a lot of "Peace, Queen"s or "Good evening, beautiful" or just generally more respectful approaches. So far, from most dudes I have been getting the "Sup Ma"s followed with a head nod. Instead of older gentlemen looking at me, I am getting these young knuckleheads looking at me, thug fools, hood cats. I am not ya "ma" or ya "baby' or ya "boo".

Fuckahs.

Dumb fucks!

This long, fake hair is a Black Man Magnet, it seems. I get a LOT of white boy "love" when I rock my fro, especially if Im riding the train downtown or walking around in the Village or even midtown. White men in their 20s and 30s compliment me or try to talk to me. Of course Id never poison my body with swine, but it is interesting.

When I had locs, I got the bean pie eating R.I.F. fresh out of jail Nation of Islam converts who wanted to a salaam my walaikum.
"Say sista, peace to the Gods and Earths, my queen you beautiful nubian princess queen can i please conversate [cringeeeee] with you about the plight of the black man and how about you come serve me and make me some beanie babies?"

Fuckahs.

Dumb fucks!!

What is it about hair? I mean really though. I stopped perming my hair because my mom finally gave me autonomy over my own hair, so in high school I cut it all off and started over. I was natural for about 2 years before I loc'd up. I had locs all through college and when they reached almos to my butt, I cut them off. I felt this urge to comb my hair and the locs weren't helping the situation. I wanted to be free, since I was moving on to bigger and better things in my life. This was about 19 months ago. Since then I have been cultivating my hair, wearing fros, twists, cornrows, sometimes microbraids to give my hair some rest from the elements and the tension of combing and brushing. I experimented with this weave thing because I wanted a "sleeker" look to go with the dress I had planned for one of my parties. Cool. Lemme get the cheap shit that I can just tack on. Even the gay men at my job are giving me all kinds of "work it girl" "do it diva" and fingersnaps at the sight of this nonsense.

Fuckahs.

Dumb fucks!

I am an advocate of natural hair. I think black women should leave their tecture alone. I don't have much of a problem with color, cuz I got some punk in me and I think color fucking rocks. But I think that chemically altering it is a bit much. Most of my female friends have relaxers and Im like cool, do you. I dont judge. But as for me and mine, we won't. Ive had cats tell me they love the natural hair, that its so "beautiful" and such... but their heads turn more for the brawds with perms and weaves. Hmph. Save that shit for someone who cannot spot Bullshit a mile away.

I realized this weekend that society has not changed much. For black women, a lot of pur physical beauty lies in our hairstyle for some reason. Black men, for the most part, like long hair. And most of those guys prefer it straight. I could go into the diatribe about how this reflects the programming we all suffer from that tells us "That which is most like white, is right" but everyone would deny it. Sistas burning their hair to make it straight will deny that they do it to look white, but they KNOW that is where the entire process originated.

Thats like 50 years from now, our kids and grandkids burn mini crosses cuz they think it looks "cool", not because of the symbolism it represents. Thats like Black people calling each other "niggas" because well with an "a" and hell... its different than with an "er". Thats like gay people calling each other faggots. That's like Fraternities and Sororities encouraging folks to brand themselves. People accepting things as "OK" when the origin is not "OK".

Fuck it.

Im nappy dammit. I will continue to be nappy and have nappy children who will be raised to love being nappy. I dont know if I can handle this weave thing.

Danjaruz Haiku:
Happy and Nappy
This is the only way I
Can show my beauty

7 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

Wonderful rant...I'm too tired to really comment on this right now. But I KNOW the bullshit. I will be back to elaborate.

Note to self: I really must stop blog-surfin at 3 in the morn....

3:59 AM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Ananse's Web said...

I am FEELING this post. I just started the process of going natural...again :-( and all of what you said I agree with. I will be back!

2:24 PM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Breez said...

Yo...it's not a bald horse, it's a bald Korean. The horse hair is $2 a bag...lmfao!

5:25 PM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

Give me a break. I think you have a lot of valid things to say and you are very eloquent in your writings. I must say, though, I believe that some opinions like yours are detrimental to our society as a whole. We are supposed to be moving forward as a society and not holding on to the past, clutching it as if reliving it will continue to lift the black man up. We all know what happened in the past. It was a horrible, disgusting time for humans as a whole. Isn't it time for us to move on? I will never judge someone based on the color of their skin and I would defend vehemently anyone who was subject to such horrible abuse. And believe me, sweety, I'm sure there was some "sleeping with swine" in your family's past, and it was with great love for the person, not the color. I hope one day you can branch out more and learn how to love.

1:07 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:08 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger Not-So-Normal-Mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:08 PM, April 15, 2005  
Blogger MBT4679 said...

can i just say one thing

i think that a number of people may have missed the point of this "rant"

my point was about how different men respond to women depending on their hair style

i think some folks might have missed the part where i say that i dont judge people based on the decisions they make in regards to their hair. they may have missed the point where i said my friends have perms and my view is "do you"

i think i am entitled to have my personal views and speak about how i do things, what i want to do for my life, without folks getting overly upset

if it doesnt apply, let it fly. those who respond the loudest tend to be either very sensative or feel serious guilt.

this wasnt a blog about the sins of chemical treatments and weaves. this was about the way black men react differently to women who are natural, women with perms, or women with weaves

it aint that serious folks, for REAL

1:14 PM, April 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home